by RegMender Editorial Team on Mar.19, 2013, under Error Code
While you are attempting to put a file or a folder from a hard drive into the trash in Mac OS, the error code -1407 may keep coming up with:
The operation can't completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -1407).
This issue may be caused by a "Locked" program file but it isn't be reported correctly. If you want to fix the error, just try these steps below:
- Close all the open programs, and then delete the file or the folder again.
- If this error still exists, go to step3.
- Open a Finder window, click the eject button in the right side of the circled area to eject the drive.
- When the entry disappears from the Finder window, unplug the drive from the computer.
- Disconnect the dive from the computer for some minutes, and then connect it again.
- Delete the file or the folder that you want again.
by RegMender Editorial Team on Mar.18, 2013, under Error Code
When you are about to download the Nexon Game Manage(NGM), you may receive the error code -60 message like the following:
[ ERROR CODE = -60 ]
Downloading failed. (43206,0)
If the Nexon's download server is unable to be accessed or a downloaded file is blocked from saving the server to your computer, the error code -60 will occur. To fix the error, follow these steps below:
- Clear the temporary internet files for IE, and restart the computer, and then re-install NGM. If the error still exists, go to step 2.
- Disable anti-virus, firewall or other security programs. If it doesn't work, go to step 3.
- Try a Winsock reset and flush the DNS cache.
- Type the "cmd" in the start search box.
- Right-click “cmd.exe“ and choose the "Run as administrator".
- Type the "ipconfig /flushdns" and press "Enter" keyboard.
- Type the "netsh winsock reset" and press "Enter" keyboard.
- Restart the computer.
- If the above steps, try to shut off the internet moder and reset the router for five minutes to flush the cache.
by RegMender Editorial Team on Mar.11, 2013, under Error Code
While you are attempting to delete some files on your MacBook Air, a window will pop out the error code -8072 similar to the following message:
The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8072).
This error is a Permissions problem. If you want to fix it, you can use a hidden features of Mac to force Trash to empty, just follow these steps below:
- Click and hold the mouse button on the Trash icon.
- The context menu for Trash will display.
- Click and hold the Shift-Option key or the Option keyboard combination.
- From the context menu for Trash, choose the Empty Trash.
- Release the keys pressed.
- Hold in step 3.
by RegMender Editorial Team on Mar.07, 2013, under Windows Update Error
If the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) in your services.msc is missing, while you are trying to update the Windows, you will be informed with the following Windows error code 80246008 message:
Some updates were not installed.
Code 8024402F Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
To fix the error, try these ways below:
- Click the "Start" button, and then click the "Control Panel".
- A windows will pop up, click the "System and Maintenance", and then click the "Administrative Tools".
- Double-click the "Services", right-click the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)", and then click the "Properties".
- On the "General" tab, at the "Startup type", ensure that the "Automatic (Delayed Start)" is selected, and at the "Service status", ensure that the "Start" is selected.
by RegMender Editorial Team on Dec.28, 2012, under Dll Error
While you are installing a program but the dll file is missing or damaged, you may be informed with the xlive.dll error message:
The program can't start because the xlive.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.
To fix the xlive.dll is missing error, follow these ways:
- Reinstall the problematical program on your computer.
- Download the xlive.zip from the link below:
- Unzip the xlive.dll file and copy it in "C:\Windows\System32\".
- Restart the computer and install the program again.