When you are attempting to establish a dial-up connection on Windows 7, the Error 797 message may occur like the following:
"Connection failed with error 797. A connection to the remote access server was not made because the modem was not found."
If you want to fix the error 797 on Windows 7, Try the following steps below to ensure that the modem is installed:
- Close all other programs and re-establish the connection.
- Click the "Start" button, and then click "Control Panel", open the "Phone and Modem".
- Select the country that you are in, and type the city code, and type a number to access an outside line, and then click "OK".
- Click "Add" on the "Modems" tab, and install "New Modem" wizard.
- Restart the computer and ensure the modem that is functioning correctly.
-- Download How To Fix Error 797 On Windows 7 as PDF --
- How to Fix PPPoE Error 651