While attempting to install and activate Windows 8, the Windows 8 error code 0x8007007B may crop up similar to the following message:
Error code: 0x8007007B
Error description: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
To resolve this issue, try these steps below:
- Click the "Start" button, and typ "cmd" in the search box.
- Right-click the command prompt, and then choose "Run as administrator".
- Type "slmgr.vbs / ipk xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" (X is your 25 digit product key) to update the key, and then press Enter.
- Type "slmgr.vbs / ato" to activate Windows 8, and then press Enter.
- If the error still exists, go to step 6.
- Click the "Start" button again, and typ "run" in the search box.
- Type "Slui 3" in the Run box, and enter your 25 digit product key, and then click "Activate".
- Open the command windows again, type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.
-- Download How To Fix Windows 8 Error Code 0x8007007B as PDF --
- How To Fix Windows 8 Error 0xC004F074
- How to Fix Error Code 0x8007232b
- How to Fix Error Code 80072EFE
- How to Fix Error Code 0x80070005