While installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, you may receive the error code 0x800f0906 like the following message:
Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.
Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download necessary files. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, and press "Retry" to try again.
Error code: 0x800F0906
This issue was usually caused by network, proxy, or firewall failures. To fix the error, try the following steps:
- Open "My computer" on the desktop.
- Insert the Windows 8 installation media, right-click on the Windows 8 client ISO.
- Click the "Start" button, and type "cmd" in the search box.
- run the following command:
- In the command prompt, type "Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess" and press Enter.
- Eject the Windows 8 client ISO, and install Windows Live component.
- Click the "Start" button, and click "All Programs", and then click "Windows Update".
- Restart your computer and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 again.
-- Download How To Fix Windows 8 Error Code 0x800F0906 as PDF --
- How To Fix Windows 8 Error Code 0x8007007B
- How To Fix Windows 8 Error Code 0xC00000E9
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 80244016
- How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 66A
- How to Fix Error Code 0x8007232b