While attempting to update Windows, you may encounter the Windows Update error 800736b3. The error occurs usually means there are some inconsistencies in system resources, such as registry data, file data or memory data. If you to repair the error, follow these ways below:
Method 1:Use the System File Checker tool to scan and replace the incorrect system files.
- Click the "Start" button, and type "cmd" in the search box.
- Right-click "cmd" from the pop up program list, and click "Run as administrator".
- Type "sfc /scannow" command and press "Enter".
- If the error still exist, try method 2.
Method 2:Download the System Update Readiness Tool to scan and repair the incorrect system files.
- Click the "Start" button, type "msinfo32" in the search box and then press "Enter".
- The "OS Name" line locates the version of your Windows, and the "System Type" line locates the type of your computer.
- Visit the following link to download the correct version of the "System update readiness tool": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821#method3
- Use the "System update readiness tool" to scan and repair your system files and it will cost some minutes.
- After scanning and repairing, restart your computer and reinstall the Windows updates.
-- Download How To Fix Windows Update Error 800736B3 as PDF --
- How To Fix Windows Error 193
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 80073712
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 80246007
- How to Fix Error 0x80072EFD