If you are trying to installing Windows Update, the Windows Update error 80244018 may occurs like the following format:
Some updates were not installed
Code 80244018 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
When Windows cannot connect to the Windows Update Server that can cause the above issue. You can follow the steps below to fix it.
- Disable the third party programs.
- Sometimes, the third party programs such as firewall, antivirus, Internet and so on, which can prevent the connection between Windows and Windows Update Server. Try disable these third party programs when install updates and re-enable them after finish installing.
- Verify the Windows Update Server is set correctly.
- Click the "Start" button, type "services.msc" in the search box.
- Click the "service" from the pop-up programs list.
- On the right list of Services windows, find and right-click "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and set the status as "Started".
- Next, find and right-click "Windows Update" and set the status as "Started".
- Close the Services windows and reinstall the Windows Update.
-- Download How To Fix Windows Update Error 80244018 as PDF --
- How to Fix Error 0x80072EFD
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 8024200D
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 80070003
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 80244019